Now that I have your attention…For those Americans who have expressed that they are living in fear since President-Elect Trump won the election, I wanted to offer you some facts which have been kept secret from you that will hopefully lessen your fears…
I would ask that you please read this entire post with an open mind and that you let go of judgement, bias, and personal feelings about this person, who is an American Citizen just like you, just like me.
I am truly disappointed in the way that a fellow American citizen has been portrayed by the majority of the media in our country. I ask all of you who read this post to ask yourselves this: What if this were you? What if you felt that the country you love was on a rapid path to destruction and you wanted to turn it around? What if you saw thousands upon thousands of its citizens living on the streets, hungry, hopeless and scared? What if you saw its cities, once thriving with successful manufacturing plants and businesses that employed millions of Americans now in ruin, its people, once employed now forced to either get on Welfare or resort to crime in order to survive?
What if you did not have these concerns because you had a thriving business, plenty of money and everything you could possibly need in life? Would you sit in your mansion and ignore the needs of your fellow-man? OR would you follow your heart and do something about it?
Our President-Elect is far from perfect. He has said some foolish things (as we all have!). He is NOT a politically correct lifelong career politician thus like you or me, he says things that have not been professionally crafted by a think tank of people who write the words of politicians but only after polling a diverse group of Americans as to what they WANT to hear.
This has offended millions of Americans. Mr. Trump has said things that have been taken out of context by the media…cherry-picked snippets which are publicly aired to increase the public’s negative ideas about him. He has also made some comments that are offensive in their entirety. As a human being, I can honestly tell you…so have I.
I do not agree with the ideas, thoughts, beliefs, or plans that many of my fellow Americans have, as you would not agree with many of mine. I may have offended those with my opinions or ideas or whatever I may have said. That is what happens when we have Freedom of Speech. This does not mean that I hate you, I wish to destroy you or I want to change you. The fact is, I accept you respect you and I will defend you as a fellow American.
Here are just a few of the UNSUNG truths about our President-Elect. It is a shame that the media has chosen not to share this with us.
These are just a few examples which show the genuine love and compassion our President-Elect has for our people.
- In 1986, Trump prevented the foreclosure of Annabell Hill’s family farm after her husband committed suicide. Trump personally phoned down to the auction to stop the sale of her home and offered the widow money. Trump decided to take action after he saw Hill’s pleas for help in news reports.
- In 1988, a commercial airline refused to fly Andrew Ten, a sick Orthodox Jewish child with a rare illness, across the country to get medical care because he had to travel with an elaborate life-support system. His grief-stricken parents contacted Trump for help and he didn’t hesitate to send his own plane to take the child from Los Angeles to New York so he could get his treatment.
- In 1991, 200 Marines who served in Operation Desert Storm spent time at Camp Lejeune in North Carolina before they were scheduled to return home to their families. However, the Marines were told that a mistake had been made and an aircraft would not be able to take them home on their scheduled departure date. When Trump got wind of this, he sent his plane to make two trips from North Carolina to Miami to safely return the Gulf War Marines to their loved ones.
- In 1995, a motorist stopped to help Trump after the limo he was traveling in got a flat tire. Trump asked the Good Samaritan how he could repay him for his help. All the man asked for was a bouquet of flowers for his wife. A few weeks later Trump sent the flowers with a note that read: “We’ve paid off your mortgage.”
- In 1996, Trump filed a lawsuit against the city of Palm Beach, Florida accusing the town of discriminating against his Mar-a-Lago resort club because it allowed Jews and blacks. Abraham Foxman, who was the Anti-Defamation League Director at the time, said Trump “put the light on Palm Beach – not on the beauty and the glitter, but on its seamier side of discrimination.” Foxman also noted that Trump’s charge had a trickle-down effect because other clubs followed his lead and began admitting Jews and blacks.
- In 2000, Maury Povich featured a little girl named Megan who struggled with Brittle Bone Disease on his show and Trump happened to be watching. Trump said the little girl’s story and positive attitude touched his heart. So he contacted Maury and gifted the little girl and her family with a very generous check.
- In 2008, after Jennifer Hudson’s family members were tragically murdered in Chicago, Trump put the Oscar-winning actress and her family up at his Windy City hotel for free. In addition to that, Trump’s security took extra measures to ensure Hudson and her family members were safe during such a difficult time.
- In 2013, New York bus driver Darnell Barton spotted a woman close to the edge of a bridge staring at traffic below as he drove by. He stopped the bus, got out and put his arm around the woman and saved her life by convincing her to not jump. When Trump heard about this story, he sent the hero bus driver a check simply because he believed his good deed deserved to be rewarded.
There are dozens more examples of his true nature that I could add to this list but hopefully you (after reading this post) will take the time to find the information yourself. It is right at your fingertips via the internet.
Rather than continuing to spread the virus of propaganda against our President-Elect perhaps we all need to look at ourselves and ask ourselves if we have been fair in judging our fellow citizen? have we acted like hypocrites in saying Love Trumps Hate as we verbally and/or physically abuse his supporters, his family and him? Have we turned off the media’s description of him and disregarded their biased and bigoted opinion of him and trusted our own intelligence by researching the facts about him? or have we been cruel, judgemental, bigots who believe what they hear rather than learning on their own? Have we been mean-spirited tantrum throwing babies with no regard for the electoral process in our Democratic society or have we been fair and respectful adults who accept the results of a fair election and as such give the President-Elect a chance to do his job?
I pray that we can and will come together as a nation…that we accept one another as Americans. Each of us brings our own thoughts, ideas, dreams and beliefs into this wonderful melting pot of diversity which is the United States. We need to see one another as the fantastic people we all are. To judge one is as wrong as to judge a group of us. Bigotry is a disease born of ignorance. One that is easy to heal!
God Bless ALL Americans and our Great Nation!